Welcome back to past clients
We looooove to welcome back old friends – after completing an alfreco outdoor living area for Andrew & Annabel 10 years earlier at their previous home in Killara; it was great to work with them again at their new home & welcome them back into the Emanate Family.
Although we already had a relationship with Andrew & Annabel, we still took them on the journey at the beginning to ensure we got the design & detail perfect. It had been 10 years since their last alfresco construction – new home, kids have got older & circumstances naturally change; so we needed to understand exactly what they were looking for in their new home.
The existing structure had a few ‘flaws’ that we needed to work around:
- There was an existing glass roof which just didn’t work on a number of factors
The structure was very ‘top heavy’ & bulky and a little ugly
- There was a narrow passage way which was effectivey a dead space & wasn’t able to be used
Pointer….To learn a bit more about getting the right size for your outdoor living area, read more here
- The old fashioned timber pergola down the far end had no protection from the elements & was inviting them out to use the area
”We apply to Outdoor Rooms the architectural-style thinking
that uncovers your needs & your tastes...
then get the details right.
”We are delighted with the product & team - also the after sales/completion service.Annabel; Balgowlah Heights
We would highly recommend them to anyone
Local Authority Approvals:
- Development Application via Northern Beaches Local Council
- Construction Certificate through PCA
- Sydney Water approval
- 86mm Spotted Gum hardwood decking boards, screw fixed into framing
- Custom fabricated steel posts to match into the existing home style
- Frameless glass balustrade with stainless steel toprail
- Aluminium framing
LED lighting incorporated into framing & within bulkhead
- ‘Eclipse’ aluminium louvers – 5 bays of louvers
Remote & Smartphone operation
- BeefEater Outdoor Kitchen
Single door external fridge, soft close cupboards, 4 burner BBQ
Construction completed June 2020.
Total budget $120,000 (GST Incl.) – note: current up to date pricing will see changes for construction today.
- Asking the right questions at the beginning
- Digging deeper to find the right solution
- Consultative, considered, creative
- Focus on innovative, clever solutions
- Getting the little things right
- Accountable and accessible
- Client first – always
- No short-cuts, no stone unturned
- Relentlessly responsive
- Flexible, reliable, courteous
- Old fashioned values, modern business
- The best materials + pride in craftsmanship = lasting value
- Context sensitive – designing with a sense of place
- Custom-built, unique designs
- Blending the home with the outdoors
- Your home. Only better.
Video – Site walk through…
We are on site & let’s walk you through the transformation of this backyard
Watch the video below