Re-claiming a ‘Dead Space’
Ben & Kylie reached out to us to turn their existing area which was essentially just an area for their dogs.
The existing structure had been there for quite a while – had a good life; and been built by the previous owners.
As you can see from the before photos below, there wasn’t much style or design, the area was a little cramped; but ultimately it just didn’t invite you out through those sliding doors.
See the end result first
What – that doesn’t make sense?? Believe it or not the image on the right isn’t real! It’s been put together on computer at the beginning of the process to give the client some clarity.
This way you can get a clear & real understanding of what your new alfresco outdoor living area will look like.
There is no ‘gut feel’ here.
We have brought together a number of different materials within this design to make the area unique for the client.
- ‘V Groove’ timber lined ceiling, hand painted in white
- Being a tiled external floor & also being so low to the existing ground level we’ve chosen a steel sub floor which then has a 600 x 600mm grey tile laid over
We’ve also included a number of accessories to this alfresco outdoor living area:
- BeefEater outdoor kitchen & BBQ
- Velux skylights
- Heatstrip exterior flushmounted heating
- LED downlights
- External blinds
Video – Site walk through…
Adrian is on site for a regular inspection, so let’s walk through the construction with him to see the progress on site & that way you will get a better feel for how this backyard has been transformed into an Alfresco area that they will look forward to stepping out the back door & using.
Watch the video below
- Asking the right questions at the beginning
- Digging deeper to find the right solution
- Consultative, considered, creative
- Focus on innovative, clever solutions
- Getting the little things right
- Accountable and accessible
- Client first – always
- No short-cuts, no stone unturned
- Relentlessly responsive
- Flexible, reliable, courteous
- Old fashioned values, modern business
- The best materials + pride in craftsmanship = lasting value
- Context sensitive – designing with a sense of place
- Custom-built, unique designs
- Blending the home with the outdoors
- Your home. Only better.