Case Study – “Eclipse” Opening Roof Outdoor Living Area; St. Ives
This is a perfect example of how to transform an existing unused area into a flexible outdoor living area that can be used all year round. As you can see in the ‘before’ photo, the area was small, unsightly, uneven & had no cover nor any room for an outdoor table.
We worked with the client & their selected landscaper who was completing new lawn, garden & timber decking to the entire property. We also staged the construction to work with another trade whilst they swapped over the existing tiled roof for a new Colorbond sheet roof. So all in all, there was a total property transformation.
We handled & took care of the required specifications & plans for the Complying Development approval which was required for the construction.
The design allowed for the louvers to run North/South so gain as much control of the natural sunlight in both Summer & Winter. This way our clients can control the sun to not only the outdoor living area but the interior of the residence.
St. Ives ‘Before’
- Flat ‘Eclipse’ aluminium louvers powder coated “Pearl White” in colour
- 233 x 65mm Colorbond perimeter frame – “Monument” in colour
- 150 x 150mm powder coated aluminium posts
- ‘Heatstrip’ 3200W, flush mounted within internal bulkhead
- Stainless steel down lights mounted within the bulkhead
- Internal switch plate & remote control operation
- Total Contract Price – $46,282 (GST Incl.).
NOTE: Feb 2015, note deck not included. Keep in mind as times change, so do prices unfortunately. So don’t rely on this pricing to be the same for the current period.
Scroll through each photo in the gallery below to get a perfect visual for each step of the total construction.