How long does it all take?
Every renovation project needs a plan. A quality construction might not be completed in a single day or even a week. A lot of work is often required prior to commencing your build. Taking the time to plan your development with the development checklist below will manage your expectations.
The following provides a basic outline of the steps involved and approximate timelines normally seen with constructing an outdoor living area. Please remember that these are provided as a general guide only & that each project muse be considered on its individual needs & requirements.
|Step||Time to complete||Considerations/Notes|
|1. The Starting Point||– Collect ideas of what you like|
– Determine your realistic budget
– What do you want it to look like? What features do you want?
– Visit a display site to look at design/material ideas
|2. Appoint your Outdoor Living specialist||– Develop the design & confirm material selection|
– Advise you of the process involved
– Approve the contract
|3. Drafting of Plans|
|30 days|| – Determine approval process|
– Do you need council approval? Click here
– Draft plans & specifications
– Obtain reports where required
– Client sign off on documents
|4. Local Authority Approvals|
|14 days – 12 weeks||The length of time will vary with the specific approval process, the local council & even the assessing officer at council.|
|1 day||Often a skip bin is required|
|6. Construction||Varies due to design/construction|
1 day – 4 weeks
|– Communicate regularly with your builder|
– Water, power & a toilet are required during construction
|7. Final||1 day||– Site clean up|
– Client sign off
– Inspection by Operations Mgr